What is this project all about?

So we have realized that we have completely forgotten to tell you what the project is all about!
Please visit this page, to get learn more about the project!

Live chat!

Monday 19 March 2012

Hello from Mina!


Hi Everyone!

I am Mina, one of the team members of OpenArms Project; today I will tell you what happened in our lab on Friday instead of Kraen or Attila.

Like our previous days we started our work by description of the tasks assigned to each team member.
Mine was the best one! We have been informed that Friday is an open day in FH JOANNEUM University and we will have high school students who want to visit university and be involved in the projects of IP DOSSEE. So I was in charge of  joining these students and explaining them what we are doing.
  After each pair of technical leaders did their presentation (and I was alone and not a technical leader!) Mr. Takashi asked the students to choose their group and interestingly I got the most!

First I explained them what we are doing and showed them how our website works. They seemed interested in Java programming and told me that they learned programming in High school, also they asked me a few questions about doing an exchange programme and studying with international students. After that I invited them to visit our laboratory and meet the other guys.
Kraen explained the students the project in more details and suggested them to join different sub teams and see what they are doing.

After lunch we said goodbye to the students and I started searching about how to make a form in Google documents.
Oh sorry, I just talked about what I did; let me ask the others to see what they did!
Dima made an option which allows teachers to format text in the answer fields.
Karina has changed the view of our main page.
Bernhard exchanged the rest client with the API client and out phased the org.json package.
Pedro and Roman, they created the user model for the whole system.
Natro and Patrik created the method to get the API to work.
Attila did some stuff in the corner.
Kraen toyed around with the APIClient class of the frontend, trying to expose the API in a developer-friendly class. He also removed unused fields from some models and tried to separate the api package from the model classes of the service ... i.e. a lot of technical stuff

By the way, finally Friday we decided about the logo and one of the logos suggested by my brother was chosen. I saw Karina struggling to put it in the website!

For the afternoon we had a presentation about open source business by one of the graduated students of JOANNEUM University (honestly that’s just what I guess, I was asleep during the whole presentation!) and after that we left university for the social event of visiting Beer brewery in Göss.

That’s quite all we did on Friday, I hope you enjoyed reading our diary as much as I enjoyed writing it! Please share your ideas via comments!

à bientôt!


No comments:

Post a Comment